"New" Jersey Girl

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Surprise and Happy Anniversary

I am a little late in posting about last weekend, but I have been pretty tired this week!

Last weekend I went to Pittsburgh for what turned out to be a surprise baby shower/girls weekend! I thought I was going to Pittsburgh to see my old roommates Laura and Shannon, but when Shannon and I arrived at Laura’s house, Tracie and then Stacy and then Tammy walked out of the kitchen!!! I had absolutely no idea, and I was so completely surprised and excited to see them, it was fabulous!!! Just what this pregnant momma needed, is some girl time! They are all sneaky and good at keeping secrets apparently!

So, we ate a (late) yummy dinner of lasagna, salad and bread with peach cobbler for dessert that Laura had prepared and presented beautifully. (Tracie chopped everything of course and Shannon was the Spice Master.) Then, we just talked and then opened baby presents. (Thanks for all the cute clothes and stuff, girls!) We went to bed around 1 because we had an early appointment at the spa.

Saturday morning, we got up early and headed to Nemicolon spa for manicures. We were a little bit late (oops!), so only Laura and I got full manicures. The other four only got a polish change, they were having none of the fact that we were late. Oh well! We walked around the beautiful grounds and then had lunch at this beautiful outdoor restaurant overlooking the mountains. It was quite a beautiful place!

Saturday night, we headed into downtown Pittsburgh for dinner at Hot Metal Grille, which was fabulous! And then we went to see “The Devil Wears Prada.” All of us had been wanting to see the movie, but hadn’t had a chance, and we all had read the book. It was very entertaining, and Meryl Streep deserves at least an Oscar nomination. After we got back from the movie, the baby was going CRAZY! I have never felt her move so much, it was very cool!!!! (I always refer to her in the female, but Brad always refers to him in the male!!)

Sunday, we got up and had breakfast and then everyone pretty much headed their own ways. It was a perfect weekend, and just what I needed. I am so blessed to have such great friends!!!

3 years ago yesterday, I became the luckiest girl in the world when I married Bradley Scheiner in Nashville. It’s hard to believe it’s been three years already!!! It’s been a pretty exciting 3 years, and I think this year is due to be even more exciting! We went to dinner at this yummy Italian place in our neighborhood that we have been wanting to try for a long time. It was really good, although some of their power was out, which made for a kind of warm dinner considering the 100 degree heat outside!!! We decided not to do gifts because we have a lot of expenses coming up soon. I am glad we decided not to go to the Cirque Du Soleil show that is in town because it’s all outdoors. I don’t think that would have been good for a pregnant woman!

On the pregnancy front, things are going really well. I am definitely getting a basketball looking bump. I feel the baby move at least a little bit every day, some days more than others and more in the evening than any other time. I am starting to get tired again (Brad thinks it’s because I need to exercise more, which is probably true, but walking on the treadmill is so boring and it’s been way too hot to walk outside!) And I feel like up until now, things were going quickly, and now I just can’t wait to meet this little person!

Hope everyone has had a good week! It’s almost Friday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home