"New" Jersey Girl

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

18 weeks


I am currently in my 19th week, and things are progressing well. We went to the doctor on Monday, and he said everything looks good...my weight is good, my blood sugar is good, and the baby is growing well. We got to hear the heartbeat again, which is still one of the coolest things I have ever heard. It took him a couple of tries to find the baby (which made me nervous for a second), and we heard the baby moving while he was looking. I still haven't felt any movement yet, and I can't wait!!!! It still just completely amazes me that there is a person growing inside of me, that was created my Brad and I. Wow. Here's a photo of me at 18 weeks. Can you tell that I am pregnant? (You totally can when I have my shirt up, but I am not so sure how I feel about posting that out in cyberspace on an un-protected web page!)






So, we were at Tracie and Matt's wedding in Cleveland this past weekend. (Tracie was the honoree for the bachelorette party in Austin when I first found out I was pregnant.) It is our fifth and final wedding for this year. It has been exhausting! 5 weddings in about 2.5 months!!! But they were all super fun. I just love weddings. Brad was in the wedding, and I was a program attendant. It was so great to see some of our close friends all in one place! All 6 of Brad's friends that were in our wedding were there, which was great because it's rare that all 6 of them are able to get together in one place. All the girls were just amazed at my stomach, which is definitely hard to the touch (that's where my uterus is!) This baby is going to have lots of aunts and uncles who aren't related to my parents! I am very excited about that!

The funniest moment of the night was when we walked into the after-party and Rich was sitting there in his tux vest and tie with no shirt! He looked like he was from the VIllage people or something. Here's a photo (sorry Jen!!)

There were two other pregnant ladies at the wedding, which was nice!! One of them is the wife of one of the ushers, Jaymin, and she is due on the same day that I am. What are the chances?!?! And the other is one of the wives of one of Matt's B-school friends, and she is due about a month after me. She was in Austin as well, so it was good to see her again! Jaymin told Brad that he kisses his wife's stomach every morning, so Brad has started doing that, too. It's pretty cute! I just can't wait to meet this little person!

So, I am definitely starting to pop out and get the bump! It's pretty exciting!!!! I am still not big enough for a couple of the maternity shirts that I bought, but I am sure I will grow into them! The only other thing that I have noticed is that my hair is a different texture, and is thicker than when I am not pregnant. So I have two things now that I have never had in my life: boobs and thick hair! How exciting!!!

2 Comments:

  • So sweet, my sweetie....You totally look like I did when I was pregnant...
    kinda round all over not the basketball typle of pregnant. I am going to print out your blogs for granny today. She will so enjoy them...keep them up. mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 AM  

  • How cute you are! And I REALLY hate to break this to you, but....more than likely your boobs will deflate (but not go back to where they started--yeah, they will never see that area again) and your hair will fall out (not as in go bald, but as in back to normal) I think its the prenatal vitamins that give you all that great hair. And I am speaking from experience as my hair is now falling out from my pregnancy with
    Addi...but none of that will seem to matter when you get to hold your little one.

    And even though we are done having kids, I think I will always miss the feeling of them moving inside. Its so sweet & exciting!

    I am so happy for you!

    -Jenni

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home