"New" Jersey Girl

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I can't believe it's already Wednesday!

I am always a few days past the weekend when I post about the weekend, but it's been kind of a busy past couple of days!!

Saturday, Brad was at orientation, so I decided to treat myself. I got a pre-natal massage that was FABULOUS! (Brad gave me a gift certificate for Mother's Day.) Then, I got a manicure and a pedicure (Elizabeth gave me a gift certificate for my birthday.) So, thanks Brad and Liz for allowing me to treat myself! It was much needed! Saturday night, we laid low because Brad was exhausted from a long 4 days of orientation!

Sunday, my dad came and stayed with us because he is working in Allentown this week, so it was great to see him briefly. He helped us out by installing a key pad entry into the garage. We also had our fantasy draft on Sunday night. Our fantasy league is now very spread out over the US! It started with all the teams in Chicago in 2001, and now we have teams in Texas, New Jersey, Kentucky, and Michigan as well.....Pretty crazy! We shall see how my team does. I had the number four pick, so I got Tiki Barber in the first round, Marvin Harrison in the second round, and TO in the third round (if I had it to do over again I would NOT have picked him, I don't know if he is going to be worth having!), then Marc Bulger in the fourth round. I won two years ago, and I am hoping the baby will bring me good luck this year!

Monday, Brad got a big screw stuck in his tire. Yuck!

Tonight, we went and did Super Suppers again. It's this really cool place where you go and prepare meals to put in the freezer. We did it back in May, and we really enjoyed all the meals we made, so we decided to try it out again. And we are planning to go again in late October/early November to stock the freezer so we have decent meals to eat when the baby comes! It's so easy because they have the recipes and all the ingredients out and ready to assemble the meals. We are trying the first one tomorrow, so we shall see how that goes.

Tomorrow we are going to visit two possible daycares, one at Brad's office and another close to where I work. I have not completely decided that I am going to go back to work, but just in case I do, I want a good place for our baby to go. It's like the million dollar question if I will go back to work or not. Some days I think I want to go back to work, other days I think I want to stay home....so who knows. At this point, I think part-time might be the best compromise! I haven't talked to my boss about this yet, but we shall see how I feel after the baby is born. I definitely don't think I am on the career woman path, but living in New Jersey is expensive, and I just want to make sure we are still able to save some money every month!

Things are still going well, I am just having some issues sleeping. Not so much getting to sleep, but staying asleep. Like this morning, I woke up at 5:15 and couldn't go back to sleep! Which is frustrating because I need my sleep while I can get it! I am going to be sleep-deprived enough once the baby arrives!! I have been able to feel more movement more consistently in the past week, which is very cool. But she has gotten into the habit of jamming her foot into my ribs, which I am sure will get pretty uncomfortable as that foot gets bigger!!

1 Comments:

  • Prenatal massage is one of the best inventions ever! (besides the epidural of course!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home