"New" Jersey Girl

Monday, January 02, 2006

Down Under, Mate


Happy New Year, all! It's hard to believe that 2006 is here. 2005 just went by so quickly, and almost all of it as a New Jersey resident!

My new year is going to start out with a bang. In three days, Brad and I are headed down under for about 7 days to Sydney to explore the outback. Brad is going for work, and I am lucky enough to be able to tag along. We are leaving on Thursday and will return the following Saturday, so it will be a quick trip. But it should be awesome, considering Australia is one place I have always DREAMED of visiting and it's summer time down there, so I get to wear flip flops! I hope I will see a kangaroo and a koala bear! We will actually be staying right next to the opera house, where this photo was taken.

The one hitch is that I am supposed to get my passport on Wednesday. I had a "Duh" moment last Thursday (one week prior to our departure date) that I didn't have a passport with my married name on it. So, I was freaking out!!!! I found this website that promises passports in 24 hours. (That's business days, however.) So, I had to FedEx my marriage liscense, old passport and lots of money in hopes that when I get home from work on Wednesday, I will have a passport waiting for me on the front porch. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 Comments:

  • That's AWESOME. Keep us updated! Take lots of pictures!!

    By Blogger mark, at 9:57 AM  

  • I had a blast traveling around Australia a few years ago--Sydney is awesome! Be sure to take a boat trip around the harbor, and if you can, see a performance at the opera house--it was really spectacular. One thing I didn't do but wished I had--take the tour to the top of the Harbor Bridge. Have fun! (And thanks for the reminder about the passport married name thing!)

    By Blogger Dana, at 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home