"New" Jersey Girl

Monday, December 12, 2005

Christmas is Coming


It amazes me every year how quickly Christmas comes and goes! I can't believe Christmas is only 13 days away. As a kid, I can remember feeling like it was never going to get here, but I guess that's because all I had to do was go to school. I didn't have to figure out what to get for all the people on my list, go to work, run errands and do all the other things that we as adults have to do!

We hung lights on the outside of our house this weekend, and I have to admit, it's kind of ghetto, but it's pretty good for our rookie season as home owners! (See photo, kind of blurry, but you get the idea!.) And it's definitely cool to come around the corner and see the lights twinkling and the tree in the window. I worked on wrapping presents this weekend, too, so there are even presents under our tree. (Nothing for me, however, as Brad does all of his shopping at the last minute, I mean, like the LAST minute.)

The exciting thing is that I am going to a cookie exchange with some of the other ladies in the neighborhood on Wednesday night, and then a holiday party in the neighborhood on Saturday night. So, I am definitely looking forward to meeting some more of the neighbors AND getting some tasty holiday treats. I am not as ambitious as my mom is with all the baking. Maybe when I become a pool mom!! :)

Hope your holiday season is going well. I can't wait to see what Santa brings me this year.

2 Comments:

  • I have 90% of Dana's shopping done (that would be, my shopping for Dana), and most of my family. But her family and our friends? They might not have such a great Christmas this year. :)

    I envy your lights. A lot of our neighbors have nasty displays up (maybe I'll go out tonight and take pics of the neighbors' set-ups - that could be a nice little "activity" for me), one is WAY overboard (every neighborhood has one, I think), but right next door there's a nice one.

    Last week I helped my folks set up their tree - I was in Chicago - but we have yet to get one here in Houston...

    How about a picture of the tree?

    By Blogger mark, at 9:42 AM  

  • You are officially hard-core suburban.

    By Blogger Dana, at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home